There's an easy way to send feature requests on the 💫 GitHub discussions page. There's always a human responding so don't be shy.
We launched v2.0 with a fresh coat of paint and a menu editor.
Here are some things that we are commited to work on next 👉
We want to get in touch with you to tell us what you need in Avo to make your development experience better and faster.
So get in touch with us on our forum.
For a more detailed road-map check out our GitHub project.
Last updated Oct 27th, 2022
- Scopes on IndexComing soon
- Get to your filtered data easier
- Date-time filterIn progress
- Better record filtering
- Action policy supportIn progress
- Use the authorization framework of choice
- Custom policiesDone
- Get more flexibility in your authorization process
- Resource sidebarDone
- Get more room for your fields
- Records previewComing soon
- Have a peek in your records without opening the full page.
- Smart resource generationDone
- Don't start with a blank canvas.
- Track resource changesComing soon
- Be on top of what goes on in your Avo admin.
- ThemingComing soon
- Make Avo look like you need it to
- Common components for custom toolsBeta
- Don't compromise on aesthetics and use the same components we use.
- Customizable resource controls on show pageDone
- Customize the buttons the user sees on the show page
- Scoped search for has many associationsDone
- Search records with the parent record in mind.
- Skip show viewDone
- You don't need the Show view? We got you covered!
- Custom resources for has_manyDone
- Use different resource configurations for your has_many associations
- Resource cardsIn progress
- Add cards to your resource page
- Conditionally show the data you need
- Group information together
- Stimulus JS integrationDone
- Make your forms as dynamic as you want them to be
- Resource toolsDone
- Add custom content to your resource's show & edit pages.
- Tags fieldDone
- Easily manage lists for your records
- Sidebar/Menu editorDone
- Configure the sidebar items as you need them
- Mobile interface/Responsive designDone
- Easily browse your data on mobile devices.
- Launch v2.0Done
- A fresh coat of paint and a lot of improvements
- All your metrics at a glance.
- Better search experienceDone
- Search one resource or search all resources.
- Custom fieldsDone
- Bring your own fields into Avo easy-peasy.
- Remove Webpacker as a dependencyDone
- Use your own asset pipeline with Avo.
- Custom toolsDone
- Add even more functionality to Avo.
- Localize your app for your customers.
- Leverage Pundit policies to build a robust and scalable authorization system.
- Launch V1.0Done
- Launch the Hotwire version.
Avo has let me push further on the features my users benefit from most whilst trusting I am giving volunteer curators a backend experience I can still be proud of.
It's a real multiplier on the project and adopting it was undoubtedly the best technical decision we've made.